• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Wednesday, February 06, 2008

    So the boys are sick..yet again. This time, it's a stomach virus. I, myself, have been sick with this nasty virus. Just sucks that the boys have it now.

    Last night SUCKED. Everything was normal until I heard Ronin crying at 9pm. I don't like letting them "cry it out". Good thing I don't. I went in his room and found him covered in vomit. So, I took him cleaned him up and Bill changed his sheets. I rocked him, and put him down. This happened again about 3x's. Then I heard Ryker crying. Checked on him and he too was covered in vomit. Same thing as I did with Ronin. FINALLY everyone was sleep around 2am. Bill was and is always awesome. We took "shifts". So, at least we were able to get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.

    Took the boys to their well baby visit. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my pediatrician. I was venting to her about the boys getting sick and how I felt that I was breastfeeding in vain. She said "Trust me, if they weren't, they'd be worse off". She said the best thing to do was to continue to nurse them as often as possible. It was SO nice to hear a pediatrician say this. Not only is she pro breastfeeding but she's pro extended breastfeeding!

    She also said that usually, the first born kids don't get sick very often. Then, the second (or in my case, 2nd and 3rd) come along and they get sick more often than the first since their older sibling is either attending school or preschool etc. She said that since Kalynn has had 5 years of immunities, she can fight off whatever germs are in Kindergarten. She brings home the germs and the boys get sick since their immune systems aren't fully developed until they're 3. So, I felt better.

    Ronin is doing awesome! He shot up in height but for weight, he fell off the chart. Dr isn't worried since this is pretty typical and plus he's been sick.

    Now onto Ryker. I noticed that there was a strange hole on the top of his butt, right above his tail bone. So I mentioned it to the Dr. She said it's called a "pilonidal cyst". The problem with this is that his spinal cord can be tethered to this. Thus, causing motor delays ie. delays in walking (Ryker isn't walking, nor does he show ANY interest). Since the average child walks around 15 months, and they're 6 weeks premature, she's not TOO concerned. However, she is going to order a sonogram to see if his spinal cord is tethered. If it is, we'll have to see a neurosurgeon. As far as his noggin she was happy with his head growth but was still concerned about his prominent forhead. So, she also wants to get a sonogram of his skull to check the sutures. That should happen probably in the next week or so.

    So, that's the news.


    Molly: CONGRATS!! How exciting!!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home