• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, December 14, 2007

    I don't have much time, but it's official, Kalynn has been diagnosed with ADHD. I saw this poem and loved this:

    He's bouncin' off walls, a super ball gone insane,
    He runs through your world like a off-rail freight train,
    Interruptions are constant, tantrums galore,
    When it's time to do homework, he's gone, out the door.

    The drama is constant, oh his foot fell asleep,
    He moans and he wails, the theatrics run deep,
    School is a nightmare, the teachers are lost,
    If they only could see, he is worth the cost.

    He is brighter than most, as most kids are,
    And with patience and love, I know he'll go far,
    But what I must take from well meaning friends
    Don't let him do that.
    Oh these rules that he bends.

    You're not a good parent.
    Your child's really rude.
    His temper's Outrageous.
    He has hands in his food.
    He hears this and wonders, just what's wrong with me?

    I tell him, You're special, you have A.D.H.D.
    Now A.D.H.D. is a gift from above,
    It teaches us grown-ups how to strengthen our love.It helps to teach your teachers, no two kids are the same.
    You have awesome energy that could bring you great fame.

    You don't need much sleep, you never wear down.
    You're silly and funny, when you act like a clown
    .You've felt lots of pain from what people have said,
    But you pray for those people when you go to bed.

    So you try every day to make a fresh start,
    For God gifted you with an extra big heart.
    As I look at my child, he sees through my soul,
    My heart feels like busting, as I realize my goal.

    I know this boy like no one else could,
    He's a blessing to me, he's strong and he's good.
    So I'll love him and guide him through the worst of the worst
    ,And he'll make a great man (if I don't kill him first).

    I'm kidding of course 'cause I know what's to be,
    When I look in his eyes, I see a reflection of me.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home