• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, February 09, 2007

    Afternoon!

    Yesterday went ok. We took Kalynn to the opthamologist. Apparently, her VEP test came back on the low end of normal. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but they want to follow her more closely. Her next appt is in October.

    While at the hospital, these 2 girls and their babies were looking at the babies and saying how cute they were. One of them said "Oh I couldn't handle it". I said "Sure you could! You wouldn't have a choice!" I get that comment all the time..It doesn't bother me, it's just kinda funny. OF COURSE you could handle it.

    After that, we went to Walmart to get some meat and other stuff for the crockpot this coming up week. OMG, roast and stew in the crock pot is SOOOOO yummy.

    Got home and Kalynn was being very defiant. I sent her to her room and I check on her a few minutes later and she's zonked out! Poor kid. She didn't get a nap.

    The boys are 4 months old today!!! I can't believe it!! 2 more months (or later) is when I plan to introduce solids. They still have that tongue thrust reflex so they're not ready yet.

    Their Dr's appt is next Wed. I'm hoping that Ronin is over 12 lbs. I'm curious to know how much Ryker weighs. I'm guessing about 14 lbs.

    After this appt, I'm switching Dr's. This Dr isn't very supportive at all of me BF'ing. She told me in the hospital that lots of twin moms in her practice don't breastfeed their twins..Well, gee, I wonder why! With the lack of support that she gave me, it's a wonder why they don't breastfeed twins. She told me that Ronin would never learn to nurse. She also berated me for saying that I felt that breastmilk was better for them, especially with them being preemies. Whatever lady. I'm just glad that I've had experience nursing and have educated myself to know she's full of crap. Yup folks, Dr's don't know very much about BF'ing. Now that's not to say that if my boys needed to be supplemented, of COURSE I would (which I did when I was in the hospital). But if they're growing and gaining weight, why do it? Although I'm afraid she is going to try to push formula on me since Ronin's only 12 lbs. Normal weight gain for bf'ed babies is 4-5 oz a week and Ronin is doing just that. He's gained almost 3 lbs in 2 months, I think that's pretty dern good!

    Nights continue to go well with Ronin and the chamomile tea. Wow, what a difference. From going to bed at 12-1am to going to bed at 10pm! It's so funny, I usually give it to him in a syringe (he won't take a bottle), and he'll open up his mouth wide waiting for it! He's such a happier baby now. He hasn't projectile vomited in several weeks now.

    Anyway, I better go check on my princess.


    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home