• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Saturday, August 16, 2008

    Good afternoon!!

    What a week!!

    Tuesday was Kalynn's birthday. I can't believe she's already 6. For her birthday, she got to go to the Dr LOL She's so tiny. She's only 37 lbs. The Dr isn't concerned, and I felt better.

    Wed, Ryker had an appt with ECI. Mariah is happy with Ryker's progress. For motor skills, he's at 15 months and for speech he's at 17 months. He's going to get OT twice a month again. They put it to where it was only once a month, which isn't enough. So, they have it to twice a month now.

    Thursday, Ryker had an appt with the ENT to check on his tubes. He had some blood crusted over his tubes, but fortunately, it didn't affect his hearing. In fact, he passed his hearing with flying colors!!

    Yesterday we took Kalynn to Red Lobster for her birthday lunch. OMG, it was bad..The boys wouldn't sit still, they were loud, and throwing food. I ended up having to take them out and let them look at the lobsters while we waited for our food..it was just chaotic.

    While we were there, a lady that worked there was telling me about how her daughter married a man that had twins in her family. Before she could finish her story, she had to help some customers and our food was ready. I didn't have a chance to tell her that the dad's side doesn't really have anything to do with twins. With fraternals, it's not like the dad can make the mom drop two eggs LOL With identicals, it's spontaneous..

    After lunch, we went to Build a Bear workshop. Kalynn got a stuffed puppy. Of course, there was mention of twins..The girl there was asking questions about them and said something about us being lucky, but not in a nice way. Bill said "yeah, we ARE lucky". Then she tried to say something nice like how fun they were. Nice try lady.

    I SWEAR, I *HATE* comments about how horrible twins are. People just focus on the negative instead of realizing that there are positives about twins. Yes, they are hard work, yes, they can be a handful. But it's SO neat to watch them play together, watch them hug each other because the other one's crying, getting two kisses and hugs..And to be snotty, they just don't know what they're missing, and I'm LUCKY to have twins.

    Anyway, the manager kinda bugged me too. Apparently, the wrong bar code was on the puppy and the manager griped her out in front of us about how she should've remembered to get the right bar code. She was a bit condescending to her. Kinda bugs me when supervisors fuss at their workers in front of customers.

    Ronin had a huge meltdown at the place. I was going to go look at Gymboree, but he was just having a meltdown that we left as fast as we could. He cried from the time we left til we got home. We got home and they immediately went to sleep.

    That evening we went to this little carnival in town. Kalynn had been wanting to go for MONTHS. She got to ride a few rides and then we went to DQ, which was next door.

    Today, we met Aunt Iris at Chuck E Cheese's. The kids had a BLAST. They all had a good time. And they were soooo much better than they were yesterday..


    Anyway, I think that it's just getting too hard to take them out to sit down restaurants. I might just stick with fast food. It was really easy with Kalynn. But I guess the more kids you have, the more challenging it is..Or maybe it's because they're boys. I don't know..

    1 Comments:

    • At 5:44 AM , Blogger Molly said...

      Too bad about all the negative comments on twins. I try to be very sensitive when I meet people with twins. Personally, I would have love to have twins. What a special thing to get two for the price of one (LOL) and see the special bond that those two share.

      I understand the comments. I don't get the twin comments, but our family of 5 children is huge compared to the norm in this part of the country. I get comments on how big my family is, what a handful all those kids must be, etc. I've had people ask if any are twins, which I think is funny because of the big difference in size in my children (they are all two or three years apart). I guess they can't imagine I would want to have children 5 times.

      As for the eating out. It is both. It gets harder the more kids you have and is it harder because they are boys. :) Love toddler boys!

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home