• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Ryker's ear tubes

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Thursday, July 24, 2008

    Ryker's ear tubes

    Thanks Molly!

    Yesterday, Ryker had ear tube surgery..

    He couldn't have anything to eat after midnight. He couldn't nurse after 1:30am. That night before, I wonder if he knew something was up or maybe it was his ears. Anyway, he woke up several times. Around 1:45am or so, he woke up and of course I couldn't nurse him. Bill took him and Ryker was NOT a happy camper. He screamed until about 3:30am or so. I couldn't sleep while he was screaming like this. It was very difficult as we had to wake up at 4:45am. Mom got here around 5am, I scooped up Ryker changed his diaper and we left.

    The surgery went VERY quickly. I was taken to the recovery room after he was taken. I went to get a drink, went to the bathroom and before I was out of the bathroom, I heard Ryker crying. I couldn't believe how fast it went! He was crying, and the nurse encouraged me to nurse him. He was content for a few minutes, but then continued crying. Went home and he cried the entire way home.

    You know, I wasn't nervous at all. Kalynn had surgery at 11 months and I think was a bit freaked out, especially when she woke up and was unconsolably crying. But I think that experience helped me. Plus, I knew he was in good hands, as the Dr is a friend of Bill's dad (who's also an ENT). If Bill Sr trusted him with his grandchild, then I trusted him fully.

    The rest of the day went well. He was pretty much back to normal!

    1 Comments:

    • At 5:05 PM , Blogger Molly said...

      I'm so glad that Ryker is doing well. Hopefully you will start to see the improvements with him and his speach and hearing now that all that fluid is gone.

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home