• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Submucosal Cleft Palate

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, July 18, 2008

    Submucosal Cleft Palate

    I forgot to mention this..The ENT mentioned that Ryker has a submucosal cleft palate but really didn't go into detail about what it is..After reading it, it makes SO much sense.

    Here's some info about what it is: http://www.cleftline.org/publications/submucous

    It says that ear problems are very common. It also mentioned swallowing issues. I have noticed that Ryker does choke on things that I didn't think he could choke on. It also mentioned speech problems, for example, nasally speech. We won't really know until he speaks more, which hopefully, the ear tubes will help with that. He also has a "bifid uvula", which is common in submucosal cleft palate. His regular pedi noticed it but didn't say anything about a cleft palate.

    I was reading that and everything clicked! It makes sense.. I need to mention the swallowing issues next time we see the Dr.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home