• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, September 14, 2008

    Evening!!

    Had a pretty good week.

    Kalynn got her OT eval at school. She has some perception problems and problems with visual closure. I think that hampers her ability to write. So, she qualified for OT. PT is coming out next week. So, I'm happy that she's getting the help she needs.

    My brother in law is here. He evacuated from the hurricane, and I am VERY glad he did.

    I am now the Asst Troop Leader for the Brownie troop. I don't remember the debacle that was going on, but I'll explain it. Kalynn was in Daisies last year, which was Kindergarten. The GS changed the rules where Daisies would be K and first. But since her troop were Daisies in the "old" rules, they were allowed to bridge over.

    The problem came when our old troop decided to only have the current girls that attended a particular school. Kalynn and 5 other girls didn't attend that school so we weren't allowed in the troop anymore. The troop organizer called and said that since we'd have to be in a new troop, we'd have to be Daisies. Absolutely NOT! So, she called around and found out that it would be up to the new leader whether we'd be Brownies or not.

    Today was the meeting of the parents. It went really well!! One of the moms of the girls in our old troop stepped up and volunteered to be the leader. So, it's her as the Troop leader, me as the Asst Troop Leader. The girls from the old troop are now in the new troop plus an additional 4 girls. So I am really stoked. During the meeting, we got a treasurer, cookie mom and several other helpers. Our first meeting is in a few weeks. I have to attend training this coming up Thursday.

    I think this year is going to go very well. I'm happy that we are Brownies, that was something that I and the other moms were adamant about. It would be ridiculous for us to have to be in Daisies again since they earned all of their petals and bridged to Brownies. I was prepared to fight for it, but I'm glad that I didn't need to do that.

    So anyway, I better get to bed..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home