• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Thursday, October 09, 2008

    Ronin just got out of the hospital yesterday..

    Ronin started vomiting in the late afternoon/evening. He couldn't keep anything down, including boobie milk. He started to really get puny and limp. I called the o/c Dr and he said to get fluids in him ASAP. I needed to give him 1/2 oz of something every 20 min. I gave him some watered down juice and nursed him, but he threw it up. I went ahead and brought him to the ER.

    Got there around 8pm. We didn't get into a room until about 10pm. Ronin was so dehydrated that they had a hard time getting an IV in him. His eyes were sunken in, lips were really dry and hadn't urinated at all in a while.

    Finally got the IV in, still very lethargic. Poor baby was so lethargic that he didn't fight the IV. The IV fluids didn't really help, he was still very lethargic. Ronin had to get an u/s to make sure it wasn't appendicitis. At around midnight, the doctor felt that it would be better to keep him overnight. That took another 2 hours. Finally get in a room around 2am. Of course, I have to stay. The only way he'd sleep was in the bed with me. He wanted to have nothing to do with the hospital crib.

    He threw up again this morning. He slept on and off today, still lethargic. His pedi came in. She is soooooo awesome. She was thrilled that I am still nursing and encouraged me to continue to nurse. She said that it's better than Pedialyte. She wanted me to nurse as much as possible. If he could keep that down, we could go home..

    Around 6pm, he was still a bit lethargic. Still hadn't eaten anything. He had been nursing quite a bit. I decided maybe it would be better to stay another night. Then around 8:30pm, he perked up. He wanted to get out and drag that IV with him He actually ate a popsicle. Since he was getting back to normal, I asked that if we could go ahead and be discharged. There was NO way he would be still and go to sleep.

    Today, he seems to be doing better. He ate some yogurt and a little bit of toast. He's walking around and playing with toys. I'm really glad that the boys are still nursing..That was the only thing he would take yesterday as he refused any kind of sippy cup of juice or anything..I'm also grateful that I have a very supportive pedi , she's so awesome.

    He's not allowed to have any milk for a week(and no, breastmilk is not included in that), he is to be on the BRAT diet, and clear liquids..

    And today is the boys' 2nd birthday! Happy birthday boys!!!!

    1 Comments:

    • At 4:35 AM , Blogger Molly said...

      I'm so glad that Ronin is doing better. I can't believe they are two! It seems like it hasn't been that long since I found your blog and you were getting a party ready for their first birthday. How time flies!

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home