• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Trip to L&D

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, August 25, 2006

    Trip to L&D

    What a crazy past couple of days...

    Well, I go to my Dr's appt on Thursday. All's well, except that I'm dilated 2 cm. He immediately tells me to go to the hospital. I'm there for observation and it turns out that I was having contractions every 10 minutes, not good.

    I go for an u/s to make sure that the boys are ok. They are doing fine. They have enough amniotic fluid, cords look good. They weigh 2 lbs 9 oz and 2 lbs 10 oz.

    So, they go ahead and give me a shot of steroids to help mature their lungs in case I give birth to them soon. They also give me some IV fluids. Dr decides to keep me overnight.

    Couldn't sleep well at all. I was still on IV fluids so it was difficult to get comfortable when there's an IV in my hand. Then because of the fluids, I had to go pee every 15 minutes. I probably fell asleep around 12:30am. Woke up an hour later to get my vitals taken. Couldn't go back to sleep, was awake til about 5am. Decide to watch some TV. Fell asleep around 7am, and was woken up at 7:30am for breakfast. So, I just decided to stay up.

    So, now I'm on strict bedrest aka house arrest. So because of this, Kalynn is going to daycare on Monday. I'm going to miss her but I think she will do fine. She knows 2 kids there already. And she didn't want to leave! It's going to be so weird without her every day til about 5.

    Monday, I have a Dr's appt at 3:15. I will probably see him twice a week until things are stable.

    Anyway, that's the news.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home