• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Venting..Breastfeeding

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Wednesday, June 18, 2008

    Venting..Breastfeeding

    Before I get to what I've been up to, I wanted to vent for a minute. I belong to several breastfeeding forums. The past couple of weeks, I have read stories of mothers being harassed for nursing their babies.

    Honestly, I am just so tired of society's attitude of breastfeeding in general. Laws are in place to protect mothers who choose to nurse their babies. However, mothers still get harassed. There will be news coverage and/or a blog and then society rears its ugly head. They'll say things like "Ever heard of a pump and bottles?" "Sex is natural, but I don't want to see it" or "farting is natural" or "pooping and peeing are natural" etc etc etc. "Why can't you feed your baby before you go out?"

    OOH and then there's the attitude of nursing past one. "If they can do x y or z, they're too old". "It's abuse" or "The mom gets off on it". I am proud that I am nursing my 20 month old twin boys (GASP!!) but I'm getting to the point where it's a secret almost. It's not that I'm ashamed, but I don't want to hear people's ignorant opinions about it. And trust me, I've heard quite a bit.

    I feel like society says "Breastfeed!! But only do it in your house and only to an age I am comfortable with"

    OK, vent over..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home