• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Wednesday, October 15, 2008

    Thanks, Molly! I can't believe it's already Wed LOL

    Well, I went to my job interview yesterday.. Apparently, they "lost" my stuff. I had already filled out the application, did testing and did the first interview. So, after sitting there for about 30 min, I had to fill out another application. I did the first interview..The guy seemed impressed that I worked for the older answering service..He was asking me if I knew some of the people that used to work for them.

    The bad part, it's only $8, I'd have to work weekends and holidays. I don't know that $8 is worth it?? But a friend suggested that I try it and see if it'll work out, if not I can always quit.. He seems to be wanting to push me to work full time and I said that I don't want to work f/t due to daycare expenses and hubby not getting home til 4:15. He asked if I could get there at 4:30. It takes me AT LEAST 20 min to get there!! And there would be no way in heck that I'd want to do an overnight shift, or stay past 10.

    So, I'm not sure if I want to do this to be honest. But it seems like the only jobs available at night are retail/call center jobs..If I could afford to work during the day, I'd love to work at a doctor's office.

    2 Comments:

    • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Molly said...

      I so understand. A few years ago I interviewed and was offered a job at several of the city's libraries (my dream place to work, I would love it there). It was every evening and every weekend. I ended up turning them down. I didn't want to give up every weekend and evening. Since then, when money has been tight, I've wondered if I made the right choice. I guess, for me, I did make the right choice, but the extra money would have been so nice.

      It's a tough choice. Good luck with your decision. I suppose it is easier to quit a job that doesn't work out well than it is to get a job when you really need it.....

       
    • At 3:53 PM , Blogger Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

      That would be a tough choice. I don't guess it could hurt to give it a try and see how it goes, but I know it would be hard giving up the time at home. And no way would I work after 10 at night, or overnight. My current job pays better than $8/hour and I wouldn't work until 10 PM here! No way.

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home