• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Hanging in there

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, September 17, 2006

    Hanging in there

    Week #4 on bedrest.

    We're hanging in there. It's been really hard on everyone. Bill has to do everything, and I'm sure it can be overwhelming at times. With Bill doing EVERYTHING-cleaning, laundry, cooking, taking care of Kalynn, and taking care of me, he's going through a lot too. He hasn't had a break.

    Plus, we kinda feel like that not a lot of people really care. I am grateful for the calls, visits and emails we've gotten, don't get me wrong. Phone calls and emails are my only connection to the outside world for me.

    I'm sure people think "Oh, it must be SO nice to lay in bed all day". Yeah, but try doing that every. single. day. for 6 weeks without getting up except for potty and showers. Not being able to go see friends and family. Going out to eat, going to go shop for the babies. I'm sure it'll get old real fast. It's hard when I can't get up and play with Kalynn like I usually do..

    Unfortunately, I am still having contractions despite the medication I am..They're not consistent. They're sporadic and they can be a bit painful (although not as painful as real contractions)

    Kalynn is doing better. She had a hard time the first few weeks. She still says she doesn't like daycare, but I know she's fine there. Bedtime is better. It used to take 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours for her to stay in bed. But now it takes less time than that (for the most part).

    Tomorrow (Monday) I have an appt, so hopefully, no more progress. If there is, I will probably be admitted to the hospital til I hit 34 weeks.

    Sorry this post is such a downer. I know that I'm doing the best for the babies, it's just very isolating..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home