• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: They're here!!

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Thursday, October 12, 2006

    They're here!!

    Ronin William arrived at 12:40 pm 4 lbs 11 oz and Ryker Joseph arrived at 12:41pm 5 lbs 12 oz via c-section..

    Monday I went for my Dr's appt. I was 5 cm dilated so he decides to go ahead and deliver the babies.

    I was ok, until I started getting prepped for surgery...I started to FREAK OUT. I started crying, I wasn't ready for this. I was terrified of having surgery.

    We get into the OR. The anetheologist administers my spinal. That was no big deal. It starts to take effect immediately..My collar bones start to hurt, and I can't breathe. I get REALLY nauseous and puke. It was just awful. I start freaking out and saying I want to go home..I was just SO scared..I wasn't ready for them to be here, I wasn't ready for the surgery. They were CUTTING ME OPEN!! The anestheologist guy gives me something to relax and I did feel better. It was such a blur.

    Recovery has been very difficult. It's been a lot more painful than I expected.

    Babies had to be on O2 hoods. The next day they were on room air. They are doing very well for 34 weekers. Ryker nurses, but he forgets to breathe. He also has trouble taking the bottle. Ronin can't nurse very well, but he has no problems breathing and eating, and no trouble with the bottle.

    Another issue they're having is weight gain. So, I've been nursing them and pumping. After I nurse them, they'd get the BM (breastmilk) that I pumped. Then they'd get a special formula (it has more calories than regular formula). At the hospital I was nursing them every 3 hours and then immediately afterwards, pump. So hopefully, they'll start gaining well.

    I got released, and I'm pumping every 4 hours since they're still at the hospital.. Hopefully they can come home after a few days.


    Here are a couple of pictures!



    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home