• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, March 25, 2007

    It's been a very crappy week.

    I am very sad to report that my Grandma passed away on the morning of March 21. I am just devestated. She was more of a grandma, she helped raised us since we were babies. I even lived with her right before Bill and I got married. I called her every day to see how she was doing and just to chat with her. That was our daily ritual, me calling her. I loved it. It was the closest I could get since I couldn't see her as often as I wanted to.

    Tuesday, I went to my bf'ing mom's group. Mom called and said that grandma probably wouldn't make it through the night. So I got everyone home and in bed and went to the hospital. Grandma was there but asleep, and her breathing was labored. Wed, around 3am, she passed away.


    Friday was the viewing/rosary.Saturday was the funeral. It was so surreal seeing her in the casket. I went up to the casket and just touched her. I just can't believe she's gone. One of the hardest parts was them closing the casket. We're never going to see her again. Ever.

    Friday, the kids and I spent the night at mom's. Lisa, Eddie and Stephan were there too. And I'm glad we were all there. I think we needed each other.

    It's just been so difficult. I knew she was sick but I didn't realize how sick she really was. I think I was in denial. "Oh, she'll pull through, she'll be fine". I just can't believe it. I mean, I JUST saw her the Friday before last!! I am glad I went to see her that day. She got to see the boys and Kalynn.

    I will always miss her..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home