• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, April 06, 2008

    Ryker had his MRI this past Thursday.

    That morning was tough. Ryker wasn’t able to eat any solid foods, but fortunately, he was able to nurse til 9am. So, what I did was, Ryker got up at 6:30am, and I decided to let Ronin sleep a little late. Ronin woke up at 8am, and at 8:30am, I put Ryker down for a nap. That way I could feed Ronin his breakfast without having to worry about Ryker. I let Ryker sleep until right before we left (I had already gotten him dressed). So, it all worked out.

    We got to the hospital. When it was time for the IVs, poor Ryker had a hard time. They couldn’t find a good vein in either hand, so they ended up having to get an IV in his foot. Poor baby being stuck 3x’s :(

    I went with him to the MRI room. I was able to stay there until he was sedated. The nurses commented about how hard it was for him to go down! LOL Ryker fought tooth and nail to stay awake! Finally, the meds got the best of him and he finally fell asleep.

    The MRI machine made me feel soooo weird..I started feeling really dizzy and sick. It felt like my internal organs were about to rip from my body. I had to leave for a few minutes. I was able to come back but I stood further away from the machine, and it was fine. It was just so weird.
    I decided to get some lunch, and after lunch, I let Ronin walk around a bit. He was so stinkin’ cute. He kept saying "bye bye thithter!" (sister). He was saying bye bye to other things but I couldn’t make out what he was saying.

    Got back to the room and poor Ryker was so out of it. I was finally able to nurse him. We tried the juice first but he didn’t want it. By 7pm, he was still a little groggy but not as much. We had to watch him like a hawk because he still wanted to climb on top of the couch with Ronin.

    I was so afraid that their night time sleep would be interuppted but they both slept through the entire night!!! They both slept til 6:30am! It was great.

    Course, now everyone is sick. I expected last night to be a bad night and it was. I swear, it seems like we're always getting set backs with their sleep. Kalynn and I are coughing and have sore throats. The boys are coughing. Fun.

    Thursday, all 3 kids have appts at the NF clinic. All 3 because we're not 100% sure that Ronin doesn't have it. I don't THINK he has NF but they just want to make sure..

    Anyway, I better jet. Ryker is crying and refusing to take a nap.

    1 Comments:

    • At 9:30 AM , Blogger The Mama said...

      I know I am behind on this but what is he having the MRI for? We have been through MRI's with Bitty but they never let me know the room we had to wait in recovery. One time she wouldn't wake up it scared me so bad.So I feel your pain

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home