• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, March 30, 2007

    Just a few things..

    I can't believe it's been over a week since grandma passed. It's still hard to comprehend that she's gone. She was such a HUGE part of our lives. She was an amazing woman, and I'm glad she was my grandma..

    I went to my bf'ing moms group this past Tuesday. The past week or so, Ronin has been only gaining 3 oz (normal weight gain is 4-7 oz a week). I finally figured out it was the reflux. He had been on Zantac but it didn't seem to be working anymore. So, I called the Dr and got him a script for Prilosec. Wow, what a HUGE difference. Before, he'd only nurse for a few minutes, pull off and cry. He'd also arch his back (which what clued me in). But now, he nurses for longer and a lot more frequently. I weighed him this past Tuesday and he gained TEN ounces!! I felt SO bad but at the same time, felt better that I got what he needed. Mellanie (the LC that runs the group) said she could totally see a difference (that was before I told her how much he had gained). But at least I know it's not my milk supply (as evidenced by Ryker, who BTW, weighs 16 lbs)

    Also, both boys are rolling both ways. Ronin more than Ryker. Ronin is rolling ALL over the place. I have a blanket on the floor for them to do whatever. Next thing I know, Ronin's under the swing! Ryker still has trouble going from tummy to back, even though he can do it. He'll roll on his tummy and then cry. Poor guy.


    One more thing, then I gotta go..For some reason, the boys haven't been sleeping as well as I'd like them to! With Ryker it's getting him to sleep. I usually nurse him to sleep and he'll go down with no problem. But lately, he's been crying when I put him down. What he'll do is roll onto his tummy and then cry. So, I'll roll him back over, and pop the paci back in his mouth. Then he'll do it again. Rinse and repeat. Finally, he will go to sleep after about 1 1/2 hours.

    Then Ronin, I'll get him to sleep, I'll put himdown and then I'll see his little head pop up. He keeps waking up every few hours to nurse. I don't know what the deal with that is.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home