• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Wednesday, May 23, 2007

    Last night was actually pretty good! The boys got up once (at different times of course) around 4am and then woke up at 6:30am. They're down for a nap now..

    Yesterday went to my support group meeting. It was more of a yap fest because Mellanie (the LC) was not feeling well. So, we did our "joys and concerns" and then just yapped the rest of the time.


    Yesterday, there was an asinine editorial from some man about BFIP. He's an idiot. It stemmed from a mom who was asked to stop nursing from a party store April 25. She was nursing in the aisle when the manager told her to stop because children may see that.

    The whole "children may see that" is such a stupid argument. Has anyone gone up to a woman in a bikini or a really low cut shirt and said "umm..excuse me m'am, but you need to go home. Children may see that". Ummm..no.

    Now, while nursing in the aisle may be not the best choice, the manager approached her because she was nursing. Not because she was in the aisle.

    I am so sick and tired of women being asked to leave because they want to feed their children. Oh and the whole "well, you can bring bottles". Umm..no. I don't have to. I have the right to nurse my baby (or babies in my case) where ever I am permitted. Plus, they won't take a bottle and I will NOT stay home because a flash of skin *might* be exposed.

    Such a double standard. Women are asked to leave frequently for nursing, whether they are covered up or not. But has anyone EVER heard of a woman in a bikini being asked to leave? A woman with a very low cut shirt asked to leave?? Ever heard of a big ruckus about a Victoria's Secret ad or commercial? But, boobs being used for their purpose, somehow it's gross. Umm..ok.


    I am usually VERY discreet (and no, you don't need a cover or a blanket to be discreet). You usually can't see anything. And if you can..you're looking too closely you pervert.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home