• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Friday, September 21, 2007

    Morning!!

    Uggh, last night sucked. Babies kept getting up. Ronin has a bit of a cold, and he was coughing, so it was keeping him up. Uggh, stupid Kindergarten. Kalynn got a cold the first week she was there and now she's passed it on to us.

    Bill's off today. He didn't even tell me! He SAYS he did, but I was surprised when I woke up and he wasn't getting up for work.

    Today I plan on going for a run when the boys go down for a nap. I'm hoping to increase my mileage to either 3.5 or 4 miles. I don't know...maybe I should wait til I get my drink holder belt... I get SO thirsty when I get done with 3 miles.




    Usually I hate watching Bringing Home Baby due to horrible BF'ing advice that the new moms are given. Seemed like the new moms are told to supplement because their milk hasn't come in, then baby won't latch, then mom gets frustrated, and then surprise surprise, she quit.

    But I think they are getting MUCH MUCH better. Yesterday, the hospital told this new mom to pump, and then mix her colostrum with glucose water til her milk came in(Wha???? Unneccessary. Colostrum is all they fullterm babies need) She called her mom who's a home health care nurse and told her to ditch the water and just to nurse nurse nurse (Yay!!! Go mom!!) She also got the help of an LC and then the part where they come back after a few weeks, she was nursing!!!! Go mama!!!!

    I'm just sick of the bad advice the medical community gives out and sabotoging new moms. Milk hasn't come in? Formula. Small baby? Formula. Big baby? Formula. Spitting up? Formula. Formula is the magic cure all, and BM sucks. I see it ALL. THE. TIME. My pedi was that way, my sister's pedi was that way, I see it with my friends. Just really frustrating...

    Don't get me wrong, there ARE times where formula IS needed.

    So, the lesson here? If you want to BF, please be careful with the advice that nurses or Dr's give you. Double check with an LC (IBCLC) or LLL. IBCLC's have extensive training in breastfeeding, and breastfeeding problems, so she (or he!) would be your best bet. Educate yourself as much as possible, be your child's advocate.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home