• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Thursday, October 30, 2008

    Today, the boys had their Dr's appt. Overall it went well. Ronin is 23 lbs and Ryker is 24 lbs. She's happy with their growth!

    Ronin is overall doing well. His vocabulary is great, and is putting words together..She is concerned about Ryker with is motor skills. She wants to get him some PT along with his ST and OT.

    Ryker also has this pilonidal dimple. She's been wanting Ryker to have a spinal MRI to make sure his spinal cord isn't tethered. She called the NF clinic but they never called her back. So I called today and he has an MRI scheduled for March. Usually, they just do his head but they are going to go ahead and do his spinal too.

    I really love this doctor. She respects me and isn't condescending like their previous doctor was.

    On to Kalynn..I'm concerned about her reading. She isn't progressing like she needs to be. She told me yesterday that when she reads, the words swirl around and then disappear. So, a few things: Could it be a LD? Could it be her optic glioma (tumor on her optic nerve)? Anyway, I requested a referral to Scottish Rite, because they will evaluate her for learning disabilties (which is VERY common in kids with NF).

    I just want to get her help soon. Kids with NF have a high incidence of ADHD, which she has. Kids with ADHD and kids with NF have a high incidence of LD's, which she has both, so I feel like she's got two "strikes" against her. I feel like if I don't get her help now, she will continue to struggle.

    On to happy news, I'm excited for tomorrow! It's Halloween!! My friend Naomi and her family will be going TOT'ing with us around downtown. I'm also making a Halloween cake, and will make some caramel apples. I'm happy that it's on a Friday. Last year, we had to cut it short since she had school the next day..

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home