• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, January 11, 2009

    It's been awhile since I've been on here! I've been so busy!!

    Overall, things have been going well. New Years Eve was great. We went to our neighbor's house and hung out.

    I mentioned my brother in my previous post. He had surgery NYE and all went well. In fact, the news was great! There is no other cancer anywhere else. I am just so grateful that it was caught so early. I had heard on the news that more than half don't catch it early and by then, it's too late. It just makes you think about things. Stephan had no risk factors. He didn't drink, smoke or chew. Yet, he still got oral cancer. It just doesn't make any sense. But it just hit so close to home that it makes me realize that I need to take charge of my own health.

    The past few weeks, I have been very very busy. I have been planning a surprise birthday party. He turned 40 on 1/8. I wanted to make it special so I thought a surprise party would be fun. I rented a room at the Midlothian Conference center. I saved up my $$ and some of my family were generous to help out as well, which I very much appreciated.

    It was very difficult because I had to do everything behind Bill's back. It's hard to do that since I live with him! I had to pay everything in cash because I didn't want Bill to see our account and say "What's this check for??"

    I am very grateful to my friends and family who helped me pull it off!! I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it, but we did!

    Bill's expression was priceless! He really had no idea! A friend of his that he hasn't seen in about 2 1/2 years was there. Lots of family and friends were there.

    My friend Kim did a slideshow of his life. It was so good! The end was hilarious!

    I'm just glad it's over! That was a lot of work! I don't think I realized how much work it was going to be!

    1 Comments:

    • At 8:46 PM , Blogger Molly said...

      I'm happy to hear that things went well for your brother.

      Congrads on pulling off a surpise b-day party for Bill. That couldn't have been easy.

      Happy New Year!

       

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home