• Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker
  • Lilypie 3rd Birthday PicLilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
  • Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
  • I'm Glad They're Mine Too: Girl Scout Camp out

    I'm Glad They're Mine Too

    The life of a SAHM with twin boys and a 4 year old little girl.

    Sunday, November 16, 2008

    Girl Scout Camp out

    Obviously, since I am writing this blog at 8am, I didn't stay LOL

    Overall the camp out was really fun! I ended up getting lost. I thought I turned on the right street but I ended up getting more into the boondocks. Fortunately, one of the moms was already there so her and her husband helped me find my way back.

    The camp itself was really neat! Here's the camp we stayed at, and we were at Fort Texas (scroll all the way to the bottom)
    http://www.hoblitzelle.com/Accommodations.htm

    We stayed inside that wooden fort.

    When we got there, I went ahead and acted like we were going to stay. I still was waffling. Set up the tent, got all of our gear in the tent.

    We did the flag ceremony, and we had our investiture ceremony for all the new Girl Scouts and leaders.

    After that we did our scheduled activities. There was an obstacle station, a first aid station and an "orienteering" station. I had NO idea what that was until yesterday! The girls learned how to read a compass. They took some simple directions (go west, 10 steps) to find a treasure, which was a bag of candy. The girls LOVED that.

    We had about an hour and a half until dinner, so we went to a nearby park and played for a bit.

    Headed back and had dinner. We had 2 of those Coleman stoves which was nice. We had hotdogs, frito pie and quesadillas. Dinner was actually pretty good.

    Hung out until our egg drop game. We had to come up with a way to keep our egg (that we named Charlie) from breaking. We used a bowl with yarn and cotton balls. Kalynn was chosen to go up the stairs and drop it. She was so nervous. I think she felt that if the egg broke, that it would be her fault, which of course, wouldn't be. She dropped it and it was ok!

    After that some of the troops did skits. It was too funny! One of the troops did a "fashion show". They did a "P" coat, which was one of their coats with the letter "P" on it. They did a doll dress which this girl wore a dress with dolls attached to it. YOu get the picture LOL

    After that we did a bon fire, and smores. We had an award ceremony where our troop won "Cleanest Camp Site" and 2nd place in the Egg Drop.

    By that time, the temps have dropped. We were FREEZING!!! I don't think we were well prepared, so I decided to go ahead and go. I felt SOOOOO bad because Kalynn really wanted to stay. But we ARE going to go camping again..

    We got home around 9ish..Probably half of the girls left.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home